Sunday, June 6, 2010

Orchard


Might not look like much, but I can't tell you how excited I am that we have a mini orchard! I have had these trees since I got married (almost 7 years). They were in giant pots and I refused to plant them until I was sure we were going to stay...so this is a big step for me.
I have always wanted an orchard. I have the fondest memories of my Great-Grandma Freda's orchard (it was much bigger) As kids, my sister and cousins would run around and pick fruit off the trees...there was a sink in the middle of the orchard where we could wash our fruit. There were also a few outdoor couch gliders that we would sit on. We always left grandma's with fruit and flowers from her yard. In a small way, it's a tribute to her and I hope that my children will enjoy it as much as I did (Kaylee already does...as you can see).

No comments:

Post a Comment